Pages

5/29/12

Lucky Peak

A few weeks ago, we had heard that Lucky Peak was going to be releasing water from the dam an the 21st and 22nd, which creates the famous Rooster Tail each spring. In our 17 years of living here we had never seen it before. I looked online to find out some information and all the news articles I could find said it was going to be the following weekend, the 28th & 29th. Well, we were all set to go out there on the 21st, so we did anyway! It was after our Story Trail walk, we just continued on out to Lucky Peak. Enjoyed the warm weather some more and walked abit of the trail. I never been down to Lucky Peak really (into the park a time or two, but never the beach there) so it was nice to see the calm the week before.  Here's a little peak - the top picture was on the 21st and the bottom picture was a week later - nice calm waters to rough waters - all because of a rooster tail. ;)


Below are several pictures taken from both weekends. It was just a really cool thing to see - but it sure makes for high, fast moving rivers down below now!

...Well, never mind that! I was told my blog is at its max for pictures and I can post no more...

I was going to post the pictures in my Kodak gallery, but a few days after deciding to do that I got notice that Kodak is moving all albums to shutterfly and will no longer store photos...

So at this point you just the above picture while I figure out what to do next!
So much for catching up before it got to the busy part of May!


2 comments:

Alice said...

I think it is just nuts to limit the number of pictures on a blog....that's what blogs are all about! Anyway...glad I saw the pics. The words Awesome and Amazing really do fit in this case!

Brooke said...

That really is an amazing difference. I did not know that you were at Tamarack just before us. What a fun place for girls time! I noticed that the guest book at our rental cottage had a few entries from women who were on a girls' weekend. We didn't really go out to eat at all--but I think that next time I'll have to give those pastries a try--they sound delish!